We had fun dressing up for Children in Need in November!
What a wonderful class of real-life superheroes!
Welcome to the Swift's class page. We are a fabulous class who love learning through playing and exploring, solving problems by working as a team and getting stuck in to outdoors!
Over the spring terms, we will be focusing our learning around the topic Superheroes. We will look at real life super heroes in the first half term, such as police and fire fighters; then fictional superheroes in the second half term. We will read lots of books to support our learning. Some of our key texts for this term will be: Ducktective Quack, Emergency!, Pete the Cat, Superpotato and Super Daisy.
Key information for parents:
- Mrs Evans will teach us Music on Tuesdays this term
- PE will be on Tuesday afternoons this term, the children will be continuing with gymnastics with the wonderful Mrs Foote from Inspire+
- 24th February - Superhero dress up day
- 5th March – World Book Day
- 12th March – Great Wood Farm lambing trip for EYFS (Swift am, Fireflies pm)
- 12th March – Newton House visit for Swift class pm
- 20th March – non-uniform day – donations for the FOP chocolate bingo will be gratefully received!
- 27th March – FOP chocolate bingo
- 30th March – Easter tree dressing day
- 2nd April – Newton House visit for Swift class pm
March & 2nd
April – parent’s evenings
How you can help at home...
- Read, read read! Reading for enjoyment is something we always encourage. Read labels, signs, magazines..anything! If you share a bedtime story that your child loved or read their school reading book please do write in their reading diary. We love to see what they have been reading.
- Labels! Make sure that everything your child brings into school is clearly labelled with their name please.
We are always happy to answer any questions - catch us at the door or send us a message via Class Dojo.
Miss Ransome and Mrs McGettigan
Please find above our learning overview for the EYFS for term 4.